MelanOma Spotted in London

Mel = Melissa
Oma = Ange
Mel AND Oma = MelanOma

I'm not sure why Mel would give us a nickname that is a cancer or is so disgustedly ugly – probably because she wanted to keep her name in it (because let's face it - you wouldn’t abbreviate Ange to Oma, but I happily went along with this anyway). Just doing a quick Google – and Melange is actually a WORD and a COSMETIC brand. LOL Mel – maybe in our next life this is where we can work together again ; )

Getting back on track (and after a long, turbulent and insomniac flight), Mel and I reunite in her temporary hometown of London. 

Staying on Mel & Cam’s very quaint, British-charm farm with their scary-looking but friendly dogs


Momentarily all shopped out from Seoul, (which is just as well, because London is expensive!) – I went sight-seeing on the London Hop-on Hop-off bus tour.

First thing on my London to-do - watching the changing of the guard. I lost my tour guard amongst the crowds at Buckingham Palace, so I was left on my own to explore the rest if the picturesque town...

Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey…
St Paul’s Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, & Google Head Office (it's the building covered with glass)...
A cruise down the River Thames from the London Eye to The Tower of London, City Hall & The Tower Bridge
Also whilst in London I...
Took photos of iconic London,
Wrote postcards so I could send them via Royal Mail,
Brought souvenirs…yes, Paul Smith is considered a British keepsake,

Had drinks in the OXO Tower amongst other English pubs & bars - thanks Kristjan for the scenic pub tour ; )
Went to the Tate Modern..I Andy Warhol
 Went shopping because I couldn’t stay away for long. My fav destination - Covent Gardens
...and finally, stopped for a spot of English High Tea at the Lanesborough. Any excuse to have more sweets, Mel even surprised me by telling the hotel it was my birthday

Oh Mel, can’t wait to see you when you're back in Sydney.
Love Oma xo

1 comments:

Gracie said...
September 30, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Oh I love convent gardens too!! Can't wait to see all the stuff u bought in Europe :)

Goma (that's Oma with a g)
xxxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails