Breakfast on the Bridge

Yes, I know, I’m behind on my holiday blogging (Paris and Greece still to come…) But after 3 months of lady of leisure activities – it’s back to full time work again. Between my new job at JetSet Travelworld, weekends spent doing hair and makeup for beautiful brides and every other spare minute creating a new site for Dress Me Pretty, blogging’s taken a backseat.

On this Sunday morning however, my husband and I took time out and spent Breakfast on the Bridge. I was lucky enough to be given tickets (from work – yays) to the unique annual event, which is part of the Crave Sydney International Food Festival.

It was an early start (we had to be there by 6:30am) and we were amongst 6,000 other people who took to the grass-laided Bridge. The News dubbed the morning as a “soggy breakfast” – but it was still a once in a life-time experience.

This year is turning out to be a Year of Bridges for me – I’ve walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, travelled over the Tower Bridge and saw the Love Padlocks on the Ponts des Art Bridge. And I can add having breakfast (in the rain) on the Sydney Harbour Bridge as part of my bridge experiences. 


An early start calls for coffee - luckily there was no shortage of coffee stands.
Let the fun begin, 
And then down came the rain (luckily the goodie bag came with a poncho)...
but that didn't stop the thousands of people who came to enjoy breakfast.
Buttermilk scones, sticky date cookies, chocolate croissants, berry yoghurt, fruit salad & raisin sourdough bread.
Volunteers handed out gerberas & tulips (yellow tulips are my favourite )
 And who would've guessed, as the breakfast ended, the sun finally came out.
Good morning, Sydney x

1 comments:

Blogger said...
November 8, 2017 at 10:45 PM

Did you know that that you can make cash by locking selected areas of your blog / website?
Simply open an account with Mgcash and use their content locking widget.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails